Thursday, August 14, 2008

Big Dog Ride

No, I didn't ride in it as my motorcycles are more street-oriented than the tough looking motorcycles I saw at the BMW of Denver dealer's parking lot where I was dropping off Maria to have her replacement fairings put on.

From their website: LINK

The BIG DOG RIDE is a BMW "Invitational Ride" for owners of BMW G/S and GS model motorcycles. It is neither a race nor a rally. It is an annual gathering of a fraternity of BMW aficionados of G/S and GS styled motorcycles that mutually appreciate riding their motorcycles with like minded philosophers in the best environment for on and off-road riding in the world, the Rocky Mountains of North America.

As I was waiting on my loving wife to come pick me up from the dealer, I walked by each of the participant motorcycles, admiring their lines and gear and protection devices. As I said, very tough looking motorcycles, perhaps someday I'll own a R100GS.

Above and below, Clem, the vintage mechanic's GS


BMW's new HP Moto

A customized R100GS

Another R100GS, with extra load capacity

Even a Kawasaki KLR showed up for the ride

a very clean GS Airhead I've seen at work

Sorry for the picture quality, I only had my phone's camera with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment