Friday, November 7, 2008

Flushing Brigitta's Disc Brakes

This afternoon I took 30 minutes to perform the annual brake fluid flush on Brigitta, my 1987 R80. Her last major service, which should have included a brakes flush was October of last year so she was due. Either ways, now I have a good baseline.

I took the opportunity to swap out the stock bleeder valves with ones from Speedbleeder. I love these things, they truly make a two man messy job into an easy one man job with little to no mess.


Note the color of new brake fluid in the reservoir

A Closeup above of the new speedbleeder valve


A simple job, went for a short ride around the block and tried some hard stops from up to 40mph. Brigitta stopped just fine, no leaks where the new speedbleeder valves were installed and I had her rear drum brake as backup!

Half a 8oz bottle went into each brake circuit, one for the left and one for the right. The old fluid came out clear and I added new until I saw no bubbles....

Good to go! Maria's next.

No comments:

Post a Comment