Saturday, November 15, 2008

GS Handguards for Brigitta

In order to perhaps get more riding days with Brigitta, my 1987 R80 Airhead Beemer, I had ordered a pair of GS handguards for her. They arrived yesterday afternoon and I installed them onto the handlebars that evening.

I discovered the nut holding secure the right hand side mirror to be stuck and instead of risking damage to either the nut or the threaded portion of the mirror stem, I cut the plastic retaining ring on the handguard itself. I was able to mount it then and used wireties instead of the included hardware as I am still not sure I want to keep the handguards on permanently.

I took the following pictures yesterday afternoon, see what you think of how they change the looks of an R80 with an S fairing. I hope to get in a ride today with Brigitta to see how well they block the wind from my hands.







No comments:

Post a Comment