Friday, December 12, 2008

A Lunch Ride in the Plains

I worked from home today, no reason other than having had to work late last night into the early morning on a telecom change in the United Airlines facility in San Francisco. It was all done remotely so my role was managing things over the phone.

Regardless, I elected to work from home. Lunch time came around and I found myself on Maria, my 2004 R1150RT, heading East along Quincy Road. As I approached the Arapahoe County Fairgrounds, I saw the snow melting in a rather eye-catching pattern off to my right where a farmer's crop field is located.



After taking some shots that resulted in the pano above, I continued heading East on Quincy Road till I came to Road 129. It's not a county maintained road but it was doable at slow speed by Maria. In spite of her weight, she rode steadily enough so long as I did not exceed 25 mph. I found myself wishing I'd ridden Brigitta today but what can you do?

Road 129 is straight and gravelly, not much but farms/ranches and prairie as far as the eye can see. Eventually, I finally made it to the junction of Road 50 which eventually becamed pavement and turned into CR194, aka County Line Road which I took back home via Smoky Hill Road.


A leisurely ride in sunny weather with temperatures in the high 30s to low 40s. The cold wasn't too bad though since Maria's fairings provide great wind protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment