Monday, December 15, 2008

Snow Day Filler: Women on Vintage Motorycles

We had a high of 9 Degrees F° today and although it was very sunny, very little melting occurred in my neighborhood so I was unable to ride the motorcycle again. Thought about it though, worked hard with the shovel to create drainage paths and cleared as much snow as I could before I hit ice.

Tomorrow's high is supposed to be 28 degrees, I am hoping it will be as sunny as today because that'll mean I can possibly get out by Wednesday! I might have been able to get out to day, had I been willing to risk Brigitta on the snow, using my feet as outriggers. It was close but common sense prevailed, for now.

In the meantime, I offer you these pictures I googled of women on vintage bikes. I was reading this thread on advrider.com about readers posting pictures of women on old motorcycles so I found some others to add to the ones I borrowed from the thread.

Since I am Beemer-biased, I'll start off with this model on a R100s, yeah she was probably not a "rider" but technically, she's ON the bike.

I am not, however, so beemer-biased I am willing to exclude other marques, here's an eye-catching fairing on a BSA.

Ok, back to Beemers, and apparently a custom-fitted leather outfit



Not much in the way of ATGATT but she does look speedy


This one just shouts "too cool for school" doesn't she?


No comments:

Post a Comment