Thursday, March 26, 2009

Eggs before the Storm

A flimsy excuse at best, going to get eggs for my wife, before the expected snow storm hit the Denver Metro Area:

Doesn't look good does it?
Courtesy of weatherunderground.com

Despite the above grim looking radar picture at 0836hrs MDT, I had seen that the only snow collecting so far was on the grassy areas. No snow/ice on the pavement and just slight moisture on the roads. Not enough moisture to create slick surfaces (I hoped) even if it froze over.

Temperatures of the pavement were just below freezing. Still, a short walk revealed good riding conditions still. And so, with eggs in mind, I rode out on Brigitta, my 1987 R80 Beemer to the grocery store.

At the supermarket parking lot

All I had with me was the camera in my cellphone, sorry for the poor quality of the picture. As you can probably see though, paved surfaces were dry enough and the only snow is on grassy areas and roofs.

Got home with no issues, even went by the local elementary school to look for good backgrounds for further pictures. Not enough snow yet. As I type this though, I got a call from a vendor in Arvada which is on the west side of the Denver Metro area; she claimed they already had six to seven inches of snow on the ground!

I told her good, keep it west of I-25..... : )

Unfortunately, as I post this, big fat snow flakes are starting to come down.....oh well.

Update: 1157am, its snowing harder but its still not sticking to the pavement:



1229pm, OK, now it's sticking:

No comments:

Post a Comment