Saturday, March 14, 2009

Finishing Maria's 66K service

I replaced the rear brake pads on Maria, my 2004 R1150RT Beemer today, finishing I believe the services/checks required by the 66k miles service interval.

There was minimal pad left on the old brake pads so she was overdue. The wear mark was gone from the port side pad and the starboard side pad just had a bit left:


Took me several attempts but finally got the caliper back onto the rear rotor with the new brake pads in place. It was a tight fit but you can see how much more brake pad material there was on the new pads:


Finally secured the caliper with the mounting bolts and torqued them down to 30nm as per the manual.


A short test ride and no issues, Maria stops great as usual. Gorgeous day today, but only got two short rides in since I am still feeling the effects of the bug I've been dealing with the last week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment