Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Killing time in Thornton, CO

So this past Sunday I had about four hours to kill before the Civilian Top Gun Precision Riding demonstration I wrote about before. I'd managed to confuse the start time and now had time to kill.


As I rode away from topgunmotorsports, I saw my reflection in a store front mirror....decided to pose myself accordingly. I always wondered how "friendly" an image I project.

The eye-catching Avaya building's centerpiece, located on 120th and Huron

Next, tiring of the city, I headed west on 120th, taking US36 West when I could, into the town of Boulder. I tried getting a decent picture of the Flat Irons, the rock formations that Boulder is famous for, but traffic and lighting were against me. I moved further south along Broadway and found Table Mesa Road.

The views on Table Mesa Drive in Boulder.

Forget Baseline Road, much better views of the rock formations and Flat Irons from this road. It's a bit further south than Baseline Rd but still gets you nice views.



Back in Thornton, near Pecos and 52nd I think, one of the bigger silo complexes I've seen. It's near the Union Pacific's North Rail Yard Complex.


Visible from the rail yards, Qwests/AT&T's Communications Tower

By the time I got done taking all the above pictures, it was time to mosey on over to Top Gun Motorsports and do my examiner thing. It sometimes pays off to do a little wandering around if you've some time to kill.

No comments:

Post a Comment