Monday, August 24, 2009

Two Milestones in one Day

Today, my wife sent my oldest son Patrick, for his first day of middle school. No more elementary school stuff for this young lad of 12. I hear he did great, my wife dropped him off a couple of blocks from the school; and after a small wave he just ran all the way to school!

Now that's a good haircut! Ranger!

After school, he was very positive and seemingly happy so I guess it's a good start for him.

The second milestone, not as significant as Patrick's first day at middle school, was that Brigitta made it over 80,000 miles on her odometer! This means that I've put 18,465 of my own riding miles on her since I bought her in July of last year. Not bad.

Brigitta's odometer as I reached work today

I figure if I work harder at it, I can break 100,000 by next summer.

So a happy day both in my family life and in my motorcycling life. What more could I ask for? Two good sons, a loving wife who encourages me to ride, two beemers in the garage. Well, there's some thoughts and machinations going on for a URAL sidecar rig for winter riding but that's just in the "wishful thinking" stage. First, I have to find work after the present contract with UAL runs out.

No comments:

Post a Comment