Sunday, September 20, 2009

Short rides with The Boys

An eventful day today, lots of maintenance tasks accomplished on Natasha:
  • rust removal followed up by painting, mostly frame and sidecar bottom
  • did a WWID and "fixed" temporarily the broken bulb mounting bracket inside front left turn signal. WWID: What Would Ivan Do.
  • troubleshot and figured out another WWID fix for my high beam light, we'll see if it lasts
  • replaced missing insert in clutch handle, failure to do so would result in handle coming off, usually not a good thing. Used hardware I bought at Home Depot.
Rode to Sanoke's house, aka John my riding mentor. He took Natasha out for a spin, came back and I got in the sidecar and we went off for another spin! That was fun. This was my first ride through the city as well since John lives in the central-west part of town. I had to use busy Arapahoe Road most of the way, had no issues and only one missed shift into second. Natasha accelerates just fine when one knows how to engage gears at the right desired time!

Got home to a sumptuous dinner and afterwards, took both my sons (one at a time since they've somehow grown up from when they used to both fit in one regular car seat). I took each around the the neighborhood, perhaps 2-3 blocks worth of riding, no main roads. We all had a blast!

Miles went first, he's always up for adventure


Here's Patrick, he loves the fact that a sidecar passenger is called a Monkey

The boys and Natasha, with a beautiful rainbow in the background

I am having so much fun riding and working on Natasha, being able to share that with the boys was a bonus I expected, I just didn't realize it'd be so nice. Coming soon, Martha's turn to ride in the sidecar.

No comments:

Post a Comment